I had a three day weekend off this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The weather warmed up and I was able to get a good bit accomplished with the vapor barrier.
But first, remember my dormer windows?
This is what they look like inside:
I had to climb up for some reason and had never seen them, so I snapped a picture, to share and remember. Once the ceiling goes up, I may never see this side of them again.
On to the work:
Friday, I got the front wall and the Living Area done.
Saturday I got the Dining Area completed.
And Sunday I worked in the kitchen, trying to finish it up until my stapler jammed.
I banged it around for about 15 minutes, which usually releases it, but was unsuccessful. So I called it quits. Later my Dad worked on it until it popped open again.
Friday New Guy Contractor came over to check out some studs for me- they had old surface termite damage and I wanted to make sure they were okay before I covered them with the vapor barrier- and he brought me this:
Free random insulation that was taking up room in his workshop!
I spent a lot- A LOT- of time this weekend taking nails out of studs, probably almost as much time as I spent putting up the vapor barrier. But it had to be done for my purposes, and for the dry wall to come. And I was working by myself this weekend which was both kind of cool and also very lonely.
I only lack a small section in the kitchen, one wall in the small bedroom, and one wall in the small bedroom's closet. And the top foot around the top of the exterior walls all around the house, since my vapor barrier was 9 feet tall and my ceilings are 10 feet.
I don't have much left. Then time for the insulation!