Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tree Man

Just like house contractors, yard contractors seem a little flaky, too. I did have this one guy lined up but he wouldn't just come out and say he wasn't interested in my project. So I waited. Lucky for me, it paid off.

Not too long ago, my sister hired a different contractor to finish cleaning up her yard and lot (we had a tornado here over a year ago, now) and said contractor, who I'll refer to as Tree Man, also has recently done work for my parents at their house. Great work, excellent prices. And we asked him if he'd like to give me a bid on my yard.

I think he went by twice last week, looking at everything and getting a game plan together. This morning he met up with me over at the house and we walked through the yard, talking about what I wanted to happen and what he thought should happen. And those things matched.

Then he gave me his bid and it was as if he was reading my mind. It was a figure I had come up with as being a comfortable price for the work and he matched it dead on without even knowing.

Starting Monday, the Tree Man and his crew will get bobcats and a chipper and one of those big cherry picker bucket trucks and begin taking down 4 trees on my property (including the two I blogged about earlier), all of the old overgrown bushes in the front, and will take the backyard down to dirt. Level, perfect, clean, clear dirt. All this in three days. AND all the trash in the back will be hauled away.

I'll make sure to have my camera handy because the transformation from not being able to walk in the backyard to actually having an open lot will be amazing. Even the bamboo will be dug out as completely as possible!!!

With the front trees gone, You'll be able to actually SEE my house. I plan on planting some trees back. In fact, since this little lot clearing project is coming in so well budget-wise, I'm already planning to get a landscape designer over there and I know already just who to use.

AND GET THIS: I have a contractor and his crew ready and waiting to begin work on the inside of the house, too! He's actually been turning down other jobs in anticipation of my project, which he will begin as soon as the Tree Man is finished. Things are really starting to happen, finally.

Pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

bkm said...

Oh my god! So exciting! It's like you're getting it ready for me to move in next May! :)