Monday, June 23, 2008

Yard Crew Day 1

I woke up early this morning so I could get down to the house before work and take some 'before' pictures. I knew the Tree Man and his crew would begin work today and I was very excited to document the before and afters. I didn't know how much they would be able to get done in one day, though.

The original reason I wanted this tree down was because it was lopsided, ugly, blocked the views of and from my house, and seemed to lean towards my house. The electricity company was not interested in taking it down for me, so I hired it down. It is GONE now. But more on that later.


Why does this picture make me happy? Because of the little bobcat machine? What is this view, anyway? It's the view from my BACK PORCH looking out into the BACK YARD. Yes, I have a back yard now. Not a jungle. It's a back yard in progress...


See the bobcat? See the back of my house? I'm standing at the property line, immensely enjoying the view of what will one day be my back yard. Of what is becoming my back yard. Of what I'm reclaiming to be my back yard. It's a pretty nice size, too.


Still work to be done closer in to the house, though. This is peeking around the right hand side of the house towards the back. See the bobcat? That's why this is going to take 3 days...


Left hand side of house, peeking into backyard. See the kitty? See the jungle mess? This is a before picture, taken this morning.

This is the after picture, taken this afternoon. No kitty. Less Jungle.



On the left hand side of my house, standing in the back looking towards the front. What are those dirt patches?

HA! They WERE bamboo! When bamboo and a bobcat fight, bobcat wins. Hopefully all will be gone.


Before side yard/ bamboo haven picture.

After side yard/bamboo haven picture.


And these two pictures just make me happy.
See how clean my front yard looks? and how open and loved it looks? Like somebody cares and is attempting to fix it up?

Here we see evidence of where the trees were. I'm standing on the sidewalk looking up at the house. You can see that all the old shrubs were taken out of the front, too. SO much better! I do wonder what kind of catastrophe brought down my makeshift railing, though.



Now my favorite part: The BEFORE & AFTER PICTURES:

Before: The lot looks overgrown and abandoned.

After: Wow. I never knew that little house was there.



Looks like all tree to me, all the time.

Definite improvement. Think of the sight lines alone from the front porch!



You can definitely see the potential for the house in this picture.

Doesn't it look SO much better today? I can't get over the difference.

I knew taking down the trees would have a big impact, but not this much. It's amazing. And to see my side yards clear up... and to actually be able to WALK around in my back yard... it's so wonderful! I can already imagine living here. This is money well spent.

And this has just been the first day of the Tree Man and his crew working! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

I have a call in to my contractor. Hopefully they'll start once Tree Man is finished.

1 comment:

bkm said...

I didn't realize the back yard was so big. That's really exciting. I can see people sitting around late at night talking and drinking. Yay!