Saturday, July 7, 2007

2 hours into Demo Day 1

DEMO DAY 1
05/18/2007


This is a picture taken of me on Demo Day 1, out on the front porch. It's the first picture taken of me at my house, so it's kind of special to me. Plus I think it's important to be able to put a face with the voice of a blog.


------
Onto the destruction:


Front room of Apartment B, looking towards the back of the house. Notice the lack of wood lathe on the two sandwiched closets to the left of the fireplace. That particular project almost got the best of my good friend who was helping that day. But he prevailed!



Looking into Apartment A, front room, from Apartment B's bedroom.



Standing in Apartment B's bedroom, looking into Apartment B's kitchen. The beaten-to-death wood bits are the cabinets that used to lodge on the wall above the sink. See behind the side of the refrigerator? The torn down wall bits? That's the original exit to the back screened-in-porch. Now were it to be open, you'd see Apartment A's lavatory, toilet, and shower.



In Apartment B's sink area, looking into the toilet/shower area.



Apartment B's kitchen view of the house, looking towards the front. Wow.



Apartment B's kitchen view into Apartment A's bedroom.



Apartment A's bedroom looking into its kitchen.



Apartment A's bedroom looking into Apartment B's kitchen and bedroom.



Standing in Apartment A's kitchen, looking into its bedroom. The hall is the opening to the left. The wee closet door is hidden behind propped-up paneling.



Apartment A's front room, looking into Apartment B's front room, through the now-expanded opening. Remember, this was the first wall attacked at the beginning of the day...

------

Not a bad day's work for three guys in 2-ish hours, is it? It was hard, tough work and I couldn't have done it without my brother-in-law and good friend. No way would my steam have held out that long. I think we kept each other going. Plus, it was fun. No matter how tough the work was, no matter how much I got scraped up or the busted lip I got from overeagerness... It was a fun day. A very memorable Demo Day 1, and a definite good note with which to start off a renovation.

No comments: