Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Air, Water, Power Day 2

Finally, a daylight shot of my house.

I keep taking this picture of my house because it motivates me.


The electrician moved this light over so that it is centered over my front door.


I bought this today. It will be in the Big Bedroom's bathroom/closet, instead of under the porch. It's an electric hot water heater, is 40 gallons, a Whirlpool, and has a 9 year warranty.


I also bought two of these one piece shower/tub units. Simple, straight lines, easy to clean.


The ceiling in the Living Area of the great room now boasts 6 recessed lights and 3 air vents.


The air handler's T- section grew arms today.


And in the kitchen, behind the front door, gathered a lot more wires. The electrician is done with his rough-in and will be back after drywall is installed to finish.


The old panel box seems sad, though.

Or maybe just tired?


The only thing that needs to be fixed is where the electrician put the Dining Area light fixture. It's not centered on the double windows and it's too far in towards the walls. And now the air vent is in the way of where the light should be. But New Guy will have this fixed tomorrow.



A lot happened today: I left out about 15 pictures. The wiring on the front and back porches is done, I have been wired for a doorbell, which I am oddly, extremely excited about, and the plumbing has been started. I also have narrowed down some fixtures and finishes that I want in the house. There are a lot of decisions to be made, all at once, and while it can be a little much, it's also a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is where things get fun, making the decisions. Decisions means progress. Progress means down the road you will be actually living in "your" home.

You have plenty to be excited about.

Michele