Thursday, December 3, 2009

Window Paint

The men have accomplished the build of the Foyer, and all that's left for this round of work are the windows, which entail scraping, replacing, fixing, and painting, then come the storm windows. As you can see from the work today, the storm windows aren't far off...

Look how the Antique White trim pops! And how your eyes are drawn to the SASHES. And, oh, what's that? Up there? Have those windows always been there?

Yes, but don't they sing a little, now? I'm undecided as to whether or not the vent in-between these windows should be painted the trim color or the body color (which isn't on the house, yet).

Down the side of the house I saw pretty painted windows.

Single window in Great Room.

Double window in Dining Area.

Newly placed Kitchen Window!



And as I walked around the house in the cold dark, I noticed New Guy and Crew had pulled the forms from the back porch.

I found it curious and pleasing that you can see some of the old brick along the side.

Just interesting, really. Back to the windows...


Yes, I know. They all look the same. But look how much you notice the design. These are the Big Bedroom's windows.

And the Little Bedroom's window.

And the double windows on the front porch.

I liked these colors, then saw them go up and was unsure. But then I kept going back and looking at them on the actual house. And I drove by and all I saw were the windows. And having a fondness for blue anyway, this Sea Pine color just grew on me and grew on me.

I can't wait to see what the Siding color does for the house.

While walking around outside taking pictures I heard a loud noise from inside the house and it scared me at first. I admit that I jumped. But I knew instantly what it was:


New Guy and Crew left this air compressor on. But I didn't know how to turn it off, and it wasn't mine (or hurting anything), so I left it on. It'll keep people away from the house, for sure.

I wonder if the storms will start going up tomorrow?

No comments: