Friday, December 11, 2009

Air, Water, Power Day 3

Last night when I got off of work the first thing I noticed was very cool, indeed.


And back around front I found this curious little work table set up.


The HVAC guy had put in the vent in the Foyer ceiling.


Just a shot with flash, really, to detect progress and debris. A few days ago this corner was full of duct work, and now it's mainly empty.


The troublesome vent placement was moved. You see the blue box on the 2x4 board to your right. It's the Dining Room light box. It will now be installed AFTER the drywall, to insure proper placement over the table. This will be what you see when you walk in, so it really needs to be in the right spot. We'll bring a table in and everything.


And this bathtub is in place in the main bathroom. It actually makes the room look bigger, though you can't tell that from this picture. They put up a vapor barrier and insulated behind the tub before putting it in.


This is a view from the big bedroom, looking towards the front of the house. They had to slide the tub unit in this way, along the old hallway, then put the framing back up behind it. The old side door is behind this bathtub.


And here is the big bedroom's bathroom in progress. The area vapor wrapped is going to be behind the tub. We're vapor wrapping the inside because in new construction, you wrap the exterior of the house before siding goes up. But when this house was built 99 years ago, there was no vapor barrier, the siding just went up on the studs.


And they had to cut out the new sub floor in the bathroom in order to plumb it, which is fine.



The electrician finished up his rough in today. The HVAC guys should be finished with their work tomorrow, and the plumbing will be majorly underway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming here reminds me of the kind of progress when we put the rain gardens in. Everyday my customers would tell me was new as they drove past the house.

Everyday I come here and smile.

Michele

garywayne said...

It's a hectic kind of progress but it makes me smile, too.

I keep walking around my house at the end of each day when everything's quiet and the crew are gone... and I'm still amazed (every single day) that what I saw almost three years ago in the neglected house I bought is becoming the home I envisioned.