Friday, December 11, 2009

Air, Water, Power Day 4

Tonight after work the house looked very clean compared to the rest of the week. The electrician is done with his rough in, as is the HVAC guy. The plumbing is underway.



This is the main bathroom. You can tell where the sink will be and toilet. The tub is already in place. They checked out the existing lines to the city and found they were in good shape, which is excellent news.



Over head you see lots of shiny duct work and yellow wires leading to blue boxes. I also found out in addition to the doorbell, I've also been wired for smoke detectors, which are part of Code requirements now. I liked that.



In the big bedroom's bathroom, the tub didn't go in yet, but this wall did which will be between it and the hot water heater. The closet will be on the far right, against the wall where the window was.



And more plumbing in here, as well. Again, you can tell where the sink and toilet will be. It's really shaping up. The utility room is also plumbed for a washer. No plumbing in the kitchen yet. I guess he'll work on that next week.



And here is the fan that used to be in what is now the Dining Area. I keep trying to give it away or sell it but no one wants it. I wonder why...


I keep joking that it will be the only thing I keep that was in the house when I bought it. It looks about as worn out as the old panel box.

Soon all the rough ins will be completed, leaving everything to be finished after the entire inside of the house is vapor wrapped, insulated, and dry walled. Also left to do are running the wires for cable and telephone.

Things keep happening faster and faster. I even got a potential move in date, but I'm not sharing it just yet, we'll wait and see how things go.

It's kind of crazy that after waiting 2 and 1/2 years to get to this point that it only took a week to get the new plumbing, HVAC, and new wiring.

It's been a long week.

No comments: