Friday, June 11, 2010

Insulation Progress

I'd made arrangements today so that after work my brothers and their friend would come help me hang insulation. My brother-in-law also volunteered for the task, so a little after 5pm, and a short trip to Lowe's for more staples, we were on our way.


The little bedroom's exterior wall. Done.


The little bedroom's closet exterior wall. Done.


The main bathroom's exterior wall. Done.


The master bedroom's exterior wall. Done.


The back exterior wall of the kitchen. Done.


The side exterior wall in the kitchen. Done.


The Great Room's long exterior wall. Done.
My father showed up after work, too, to help finish the kitchen. He gave us a much needed second wind.


The front exterior wall of the great room. Done.


All I have left, exterior wall wise, for insulation, is the master bedroom's bathroom and closet. Three of its four walls are exterior.

I also want to surround the utility room and the main bathroom in insulation, more for noise reduction than anything else. And I might do the same between the master bedroom and its bathroom. That would only leave me three interior walls left not insulated. They might get insulated, too. Why not?

Tomorrow my brother-in-law and brothers are going to help me finish with the exterior walls. We may get started on the interior walls, as well. My best friend may come over and my good friend from work wants to see my progress, too.

All our progress makes me incredibly happy and proud. The hard work, and friends and family willing to help out, make me feel blessed and loved, too.

This house is slowly but surely becoming a home.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

WOW! That's some serious progress!