Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yard Day 2010 After Pics

A larger crew went down to the house today and we worked inside, but more on that later. After we called it quits for the day, I remembered to run outside and get those after pics from Yard Day 2010, last Wednesday.

Looking from the back yard towards the front. I just liked the way this one turned out, with the gate. It seems to beckon you to walk this way.


I didn't get a picture of the back yard before, but if you look towards the back, you can see my neighbor's yard. My yard matched his overgrown-ness. You can see a clear line now in the back and visually can determine where my yard ends.


This is from standing on my lot line, looking towards the back of the house. We have big plans for this yard, privacy fences, patios, a tilled and centipede grass planted lawn... Pay no attention to Mama. She didn't want to be in the pictures but wouldn't move.


One of two random concrete piles. It's not that bad, but will take a sledgehammer to break up.
These were left over from the work on pouring the back porch.


We found so much glass! But I have little to no idea where it all came from. I salvaged the windows in the house. We're very carefully collecting all the glass we find. Bare feet and glass in a back yard don't mix well.


This is the other concrete pile. It's not that thick. This one is right off the back porch, where they had the mixer.


Back around to the front:

The area to the left of the front steps where all the wood scraps were.



The front yard from the porch. You see the new home for the scraps.


The side yard looking towards the back. I still have a little left to clean up from behind the air conditioner. There's a toppled pile of bricks back there that need to be re-stacked for a future incarnation as a back patio. For now it's an excellent place to twist your ankle.


A more intimate view of the wood pile. I'm still trying to figure out a way to get rid of this without renting a dumpster, like I have before. The city won't pick it up. Notice the Wal-Mart buggy: remember it from the earlier post? ALL that trash came out of my back yard, including at least 6 or 7 dirty baby diapers. The neighbors on that side just threw their trash in my backyard as they had been doing for years...


Across the street view. The yard looks one hundred percent better. Still progress to be made, but at least it has been tamed.


There are already plans in the making to repair the brick steps. And ground cover has been picked out for planting on the sloping bed out in front of the house. And I think I'll move my mailbox to the front porch, where it was when I bought the house. I still haven't gotten any mail here, but I haven't changed my address, either.

Much improved. Stay tuned to see what happened inside today!

No comments: