Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Phase Day 6

I went right to the back today. I knew they'd been pouring concrete.


And I was right. No way to get a concrete truck back here. They had to haul all the bags to the back of the house and mix it by hand.


And this is what I have today! It's still curing, of course. I fought the urge to make a mark in it. Something I have found out about myself in this renovation is how much I prefer linear lines and shapes. And this picture just makes me so happy.



I just can't seem to comprehend every day's difference. Even though I've been here since Day 1 and have this blog to go back and see how far I've come... it's still amazing to me.


They also got some exterior trim up around the door. It looks really good, if I do say so myself.


It was bright enough for me to get this shot inside today. I planned the back door's placement in the kitchen so that when you walked in from the foyer you'd have a clear shot out into the back yard. The back door is lined up perfectly with the kitchen doorway. This little bit of planning a while back is something I will enjoy every day that I live here.


Tomorrow wraps up New Phase. I'm meeting New Guy at the house around 2pm to walk through and talk details such as finishes and light fixture placement and everything that will take this from being where it is now to where I can live in it.

Still to come in the intermediate phase:
replacing and repairing existing windows,
the foyer addition on the front porch,
and the removal of the extinct side door on the house.

No comments: